Campaigns stuck on preparing to send

is anyone else having an issue with their campaigns hanging on “preparing to send”.

Comments

• Brian
    Brian Chicago, IL
    edited May 2017

How long has it been preparing to send? At times, there can be delays while the campaign undergoes a review process before sending.

If the campaign still hasn’t sent, please open a support ticket so our team can investigate.

• bluefinstudio
    edited May 2017

I’m going on day 2 now. Support ticked filed. this isn’t good. I send out promotions at the beginning of every month and they bring in a lot of business. I may have to cancel my subscription and go to constant contact. This issue is costing me money.

• Brian
    Brian Chicago, IL
    edited May 2017

Oh, two days is definitely a support issue.

I can understand being upset by this and concerned about the platform but I can assure you that this is a very rare occurrence. Support will work with you to find and fix the issue.

• jenniferjayde
    edited May 2017

Hi there, my campaign for this morning is also frozen on “preparing to send” and I choose the sendout times very carefully for my audience. This is a bit of a ****. I’ve sent in a ticket but wish this could be addressed more quickly such as having a live chat option.

• kickassteam
    edited June 2017

Hi there, I have the same issue. Today I went live with my site. The automation mails were send fine during the day. Then suddenly they stopped. I tried out a test mailaddress of myself, also no mail sent. I filtered that testmailaddress out to send a one-time campaign, there I get the “preparing to send” too. Now it hangs… When I send out a quick mail in the contact area, there it gets through. What is the issue? I have dripped content that my users need every day… this is not a good start… I hope it gets fixed asap

• Brian
    Brian Chicago, IL
    edited June 2017

Hi,

Do you already have a support ticket open? If not, please open one here so that someone can look into this for you.

• kickassteam
    edited June 2017

yeah thanks, I just filled in the form… Hope they can look at it quickly :slight_smile:

• Mike
    Mike Germany
    edited June 2017

Same here. Last campaign stuck for two hours.

This issue cost me show up rate for a webcast and with that revenue this morning. I couldn’t even react because … you guess it… campaign stuck.

Who is going to pay for my loss. I am afraid you don’t.

Opened a support ticket a couple of hours ago. No answer yet.

It seems you got this issue for more than a month now.

Your new features look cool. But they are worthless without the most important thing - a stable service.

• Brian
    Brian Chicago, IL
    edited June 2017

Hi Mike, thanks for reaching out. We see that support does have your ticket and will be responding as soon as they can there. Some accounts were affected by this issue due to a technical problem that appeared last evening. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that our engineers have been working on it all night and getting everything back up and running smoothly this morning. Keep your eye on our status page for more updates: http://status.activecampaign.com/ Thank you for your patience.

• lucrodigital
    edited June 2017

I am having same issue. I cannot send any campain. AC is saying my case is with support.

What is the solution and how long it takes to get it fixed?

• devenup
    edited June 2017

Well, basically, when my campaings don’t want to send, and the issue cannot be solved, I’m changing the service/program. Last time it didn’t work in any way, everything was so messed up, so I’ve chosen another program.

The problem why your campaings don’t work might be a website/hosting issue though.

• lucrodigital
    edited June 2017

****, so you are saying that they don’t fix it fully? I though it was a account configuraton issue.

If that is right, I will abandon AC. Sending campaign is like the basics… DId you have this issue more than once after they “fixed it” for you?

• lucrodigital
    edited June 2017

Brian, can you please check if I have a ticket to resolve this same issue? Also, when it is resolve it is for good or the issue may happen again in another campaigns?

• aburch
    edited June 2017

@lucrodigital I just spoke with Brian.

The case with your campaign being stuck is extremely rare. I can see there is a campaign in your account stuck on the “Summary” page. I have never seen this before, and it’s something our developers will have to investigate as a bug. We have a ticket open with our developers and this will be investigated as soon as possible. This is not a widespread bug, and seems to be a completely unique error affecting only your account @lucrodigital

The issue that other users have reported in this thread, where campaigns are stuck “Preparing to send” is actually a different issue. This is a problem we have had in the past were campaigns occasionally error out and don’t properly send on time so they get stuck “Preparing to send”. This issue has been addressed by our developers and should not recur. If you have any trouble with campaigns not sending as expected, please reach out to [email protected] with the campaign name and your account and we can get escalated for you right away.

• lucrodigital
    edited June 2017

Thank you @aburch

I am moving from MailChimp to AC since you have a much better automation. I stil didn’t move completely because of that issue.

I have a big campain starting this week to get leads and would love to already point to AC and not to Mailchimp. Do yhou think we can have the issue resolved today or tomorrow?

• aburch
    edited June 2017

@lucrodigital I’m very sorry but I can’t provide any ETA for a completion time on a developer ticket/technical bug. The time to completion varies depending on the workload, the complexity of the issue, and seasonality. I wouldn’t want to promise a time because there’s no way we can guarantee it will be met.

I just emailed you via the support ticket you had created. We will be sure to update you there the instant your issue is resolved. Feel free to submit other tickets if you have more questions in the meantime.

• wearetank
    edited January 26

Yes this happened to me today. My campaign has been sitting on ‘preparing to send’ for almost three hours. Have filed a support ticket. Waiting for resolution. I’m pretty bummed as my email journal goes out weekly at the same time …