Does anyone have experience with Segment integration?

bodecanada
edited February 6 in Integrations

Hello,

We are using Segment (segment.com) to manage our integration with a whole range of 3rd party services, one of which is Active Campaign.

I’m looking for someone who has experience/knowledge of segment/AC integration. In particular, I’m wondering how to do two things:

1. How can I use Segment do the following:

This is a screen shot of a request that was just sent in Postman to the AC API. It triggers an event (MLS_Book a viewing completed) which triggers an automation which ends in an email being sent. It specifies the the email address to whom to send the email in the visit parameter.

I would like to know how to do this through Segment. This doesn’t work:

analytics.track('MLS_Book a viewing completed', {
  email: '[email protected]'
});

Neither does this:

analytics.track('MLS_Book a viewing completed', {
  visit: {email: '[email protected]'}
});

Is there a way to do this?

1. Override personalization tags via Segment. This is for the same scenario as 1). I already posted a question about this here:

…but this was in the context of sending a request to the AC API via Postman. If that is possible, then I wonder if it’s possible to do it through Segment. Essentially, the idea is to get the email (which uses a template with personalization tags) to be sent using personalization tag values that I send vis Segment (rather than grabbing them from the contact). Essentially, I want to override the values grabbed from the contact, or (if possible) to supply values for personalization tags that don’t even exist in the contact.

Is this possible?